International Trails Day – Saturday June 4th, 2022
This International Trails Day, join us to celebrate our trails and the volunteers who make them possible!
Below are a few ways you can show your love for trails on June 4th:
1. Explore a Trail. If you need help finding one, check out our online trail guide. Post a photo or video of your day on the trail and tag #nstrails for a chance to win a swag bag!
2. Join a local event. Check back soon for a list of International Trails Day events happening across the province. If you are organizing an event, be sure to let us know and we’ll make sure it’s listed on our site!
3. Thank a Volunteer. Do you know someone in your community who helps out on your local trail? A thank you goes a long way!
4. Help out on your local trail. There are many ways to help keep our trails safe and beautiful. Big or small, it all makes a difference! If you’d like to volunteer or help out a trail group, send us a message and we’ll help you get started!
5. Donate. Community trail groups need our support to do the amazing work they do! We make it easy to donate through our online form. All donors receive a tax receipt.
6. Buy a 50-50 ticket. Each month NS Trails runs a 50/50 draw online to support trails and trail groups. Grab your ticket here for a chance to win!
EVENTS – June 4th, 2022
Valley Region Events:
Trail Clean Up – Annapolis Valley Trails Coalition (AVTC): The AVTC is celebrating International Trails Day with a trail wide clean up of the Harvest Moon Trail (HMT) in the Annapolis Valley. The AVTC is encouraging you, your family and friends to get out and do a litter pick-up on June 4th near your favourite section of the HMT. For more information, email Brittany Brydon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundy Region Events:
Bike Ride & Lunch with Volunteers – Tatamagouche Area Trails Association (TATA): Meet at the Tatamagouche Trailhead on Station Road at 12pm for hotdogs with the volunteers from TATA and a chance to win prizes! There will also be a guided 26K bicycle tour at 10am. Email email@example.com for more information.
Cape Breton Region Events:
Trail Clean Up – Strait Area Trails Association: Bring the whole family to Oaklee Ballfield in Port Hawksbury from 11:00am-1:00pm to clean up the beautiful trails. Cleaning supplies will be provided, along with hotdogs and prizes! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Hike and Iona Port Clean Up – Central Cape Breton Community Ventures: Join for a hike and clean up of Iona Port. There will also be a celebration at the Port on June 5th for World Oceans Day. Contact email@example.com for more information.
South Shore Region Events:
Family Fun Event (BBQ and Games) – Bull Run Trail Association: Meet at the trail kiosk in Hebbville across from the Tastee Freeze for a BBQ, games, draws and prizes! Event runs 11am-1:30pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Central Region Events:
Hemlock Ravine Hike – Halifax North West Trails Association (HNWTA): HNWTA invites you to celebrate International Trails Day with an hour-long walk at Hemlock Ravine starting at 1pm. The pace will be easy, but please note that the trails are varied with moderate hills and may be muddy with exposed roots. Limit of 25 participants, so register early! For more information visit the Facebook event page.
Hike the Cole Harbour Heritage Park – Cole Harbour Parks and Trails Association (CHPTA): Join volunteers from CHPTA for a walk through the Cole Harbour Heritage Park. Enjoy the beautiful scenery as you learn about the trails and how they came to be! For more information visit the Facebook event page.