Trail Building Workshop: May 1st – May 4th
NS Trails is excited to announce that we will be hosting a 4-day trail building workshop in partnership with Brigadoon Village in the Valley from May 1st – May 4th. Led by the trail building experts at TrailFlow Outdoor Adventures, this interactive workshop will offer trail building skill development for 16 people as we work together to maintain and upgrade existing wilderness trail, and build a brand-new section of trail.
Participants will learn the fundamentals of sustainable trails including trail design basics, routine maintenance tasks, drainage solutions, boardwalk construction, managing risk on trail, rock armouring, and more! No trail building experience is necessary. All participants will be shown how to safely use common trail building tools. A combination of in-class theory and hands-on experiential learning will be used. Come prepared to have fun, get dirty, and build durable, sustainable trail.
HOW TO REGISTER – Send us an email and include the following information:
1. Full Name, date of birth, and what community you live in.
2. What is your experience level with trail building?
3. Are you currently involved with a trail group. If so, which one?
4. Why are you interested in this workshop and how do you hope to benefit?
Please send your registration email to email@example.com by April 12, 2023.
Spaces are limited and applications will be considered on a first come first served basis. Once your registration has been confirmed, we will contact you with additional payment and workshop details.
1. This is a 4-day/3-night workshop. Participants are encouraged to stay overnight onsite. Overnight accommodations in shared cabins at Brigadoon are provided at no extra cost.
2. Meals and snacks will be provided on site at no extra cost.
3. Thanks to generous support from Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage, and the great folks at Brigadoon, the full cost of the workshop is $50.00 per person.
Who is TrailFlow: Specializing in trail design and construction, mountain bike guiding, clinics, and event promotion TrailFlow uses years of experience to bring their love of the outdoors to the masses. Check out their website here: trailflow.ca
What is Brigadoon: Brigadoon is a year-round camp for children, youth, and families living with health conditions or other life challenges in Atlantic Canada. This inspirational outdoor setting is nestled in the heart of the Annapolis Valley on the shores of beautiful Aylesford Lake. Check out their website here: brigadoonvillage.org